Sunday, September 07, 2008

Wilderness Quotes

Love the bush, love the thinking.. at least of some.
clipped from wilderdom.com

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
- Henry David Thoreau


A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
- Greek Proverb


The frog does not drink up the pond in which it lives.
- Chinese Proverb

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisoned
Only after the last fish has been caught
Only then you will find out that money cannot be eaten
- Cree Indian Prophecy

Earth provides enough to satisfy
every man's need, but not every man's greed.
- Mohandas Gandhi

blog it